“We left the security of larger firms to establish a law firm that would value a diversity of practices and professional and personal interests, while building loyal client relationships by the provision of high quality professional advice and service in a cost efficient manner.
The ability to practice law in a smaller and more flexible environment affords us the opportunity to work on a wide variety of interesting and challenging matters for a diverse client base.
While the practice of law has significantly changed over the last 25 years since the founding of the Firm, we believe that the fundamentals of sound professional advice and personal service focused on the needs of our clients, continue to be the core of a successful law firm.”
Areas of Practice
- Employment Law
- Intellectual Property and Information Technology
I provide advice with respect to employment law, business law and intellectual property law issues for clients carrying on business throughout Canada and international clients doing business in Canada.
I represent both employers and employees in my employment law practice, which includes:
- Advising with respect to issues such as employment contracts, wrongful dismissal and terminations, employment law legislation and human rights issues, and general employment matters;
- Advising on employment law issues arising in acquisitions, divestitures and reorganizations;
- Advising on directors' and officers' issues, including fiduciary duties;
- Advising on executive compensation issues including employee stock options and other incentive plans; and
- Drafting and negotiating employment and executive contracts.
My business law and intellectual property law practice includes acting for clients in matters such as:
- Acquisitions and Divestitures;
- Corporate Governance Issues;
- Procurement Issues and Contract Matters;
- Shareholder Disputes;
- Computer Systems Acquisitions and Software Licensing;
- Trade-mark registrations and oppositions, copyright and e-commerce.
- Called to the Ontario Bar in 1980
- Bachelor of Laws, Osgoode Hall Law School
- Canadian Tax Foundation
- Intellectual Property Institute of Canada
- The Canadian Bar Association
- The Ontario Bar Association
- Member of Executive Committee of the Law Practice Management Section
- Member of the Executive Committee of the Managing Partner Roundtable