“I have had the good fortune to practise law in a variety of areas over the years, and for clients both in the private and public sectors. I find the practice of law extremely interesting and look forward to continuing to give clients the best advice I possibly can.”
Areas of Practice
- Administrative Law
- Banking and Creditors' Rights, Bankruptcy and Insolvency Law
- Charitable and Non-Profit Law
- Commercial Real Estate and Municipal Law
- Corporate and Commercial Law
- Education Law
- Intellectual Property and Information Technology
- Wills and Estates Law
I have a varied commercial, estates and real estate law based practice, which includes advising clients on commercial contracts and supply chain management, acting on acquisitions, reorganizations and divestitures, for borrowers and lenders in lending transactions and enforcement of security, and for clients in estate planning and the administration of estates.
I also act for boards of education and other clients in relation to the planning for, acquisition, construction and financing of capital facilities, as well as providing general advice for individuals.
I articled with the firm of Cassels, Brock where I practised from 1979 to 1981. In 1981, I joined the firm of Tilley Carson & Findlay and practised there until June 1987 when I joined Keel Cottrelle as a partner.
- Called to the Ontario Bar in 1979
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Toronto
- Bachelor of Arts, Queen's University
- Ontario Bar Association
- Canadian Bar Association
- Past President of The Lawyers Club
- Past Chair of the Education Law section of the Canadian Bar Association (Ontario)