“Maintaining strong relationships with my clients and taking the time to clearly understand the needs of their business is a top priority. I find it personally rewarding when I can put that knowledge to use and offer creative, practical solutions to complex legal challenges.
Areas of Practice
- Administrative Law
- Civil Litigation
- Education Law
- Employment Law
- Human Rights Law
- Procurement Law
I practice primarily in the areas of education, labour and employment law and civil litigation. I act on behalf of school boards on various issues including labour law, human rights, student discipline, special education, family law matters, privacy and governance, as well as in civil and labour and employment law matters for employers and employees in unionized and non-unionized work environments.
I have participated in various professional development sessions for Educators and Administrators on education-related issues of privacy, human rights and student discipline.
I have appeared before administrative tribunals, the Ontario Court of Justice and the Superior Court of Justice.
Publications, News & Media:
- Regular contributor to the firm’s KC Education Law Newsletter and the KC Human Resources Newsletter
- Health & Safety of Students: Keeping Up with Changing Standards, Rights & Reason: Shifting Tides in Law & Education, CAPSLE 2011
- Contributing author to An Educator’s Guide to the Health and Safety of Students, eds. Robert G. Keel and Nadya Tymochenko, Canada Law Book, 2010.
- Called to Ontario Bar in 2007
- Bachelor of Laws, Queen’s University
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours), York University
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association